axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] header processing by !handlers
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:44:22 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:

> So we're not going to support <soap:header> in 1.3 either then - or at
> least not completely, in that if someone actually sends us one of the
> headers they specified in the WSDL with MU switched on, we'll barf?

Hmm. Yes I think this is what I'm saying. I believe that's been the case
since Axis1 days right?

> If you're vetoing a commit (which it sounds like you are?), fire away
> with the -1s!  However... I'm not entirely sure that "adding a feature
> without discussion" is sufficient technical justification for a -1,
> though.  If we were doing review-then-commit, sure, but we're doing
> commit-then-review.  What do you think?

I was talking about vetoing a commit on the basis that its not the right
solution and that a better solution needs more fundamental design. I was
avoiding doing it and suggesting that we don't do this feature at this point.

> Not sure exactly what the right thing here is, but I think I'd prefer to
> leave it in in some form rather than having JAXWS rely on a
> Handler-based mechanism....

Problem is "some form" is not a good model because whatever we put in is
permanent and this is a key API that'd touch a lot including codegen. If
JAX-WS rely on a handler based mechanism for now I'd rather let get go and
talk thru some of the scenarios and figure out the right solution (which
is very likely along the path you suggested).

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.