axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Accessing properties set in options of the service client
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:45:34 GMT
+1. I don't think its at all correct to blindly copy all properties from
in to out (or out to in). That's what the message receiver (or operation
client, in Ruchith's case) must do for what it wants to copy. If the user
explicitly wants to share stuff either they have to set it on the message
context and explicitly get it from it or set it directly on the operation
context and share it across all message contexts in that interaction.

Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> This is a delicate issue, IIUC. We do copy some properties from request
> path to the response path, but not all. And also I don;t think we are
> copying all the properties to response properties. BTW, do we need to do
> that?
> Isn't it that you should set your properties to OperationContext if you
> want to get them in the response path? See for example, if I set the
> property addressingProcessed=true (a hypothetical property) to message
> context in the request path, it will be a disaster if you copy this
> property to out message context.
> So I think current behavior is correct.
> Chinthaka
> Ruchith Fernando wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>> Some of the Rampart tests are failing due the properties set in the
>> options object of the ServiceClient are not available in the inflow to
>> be accessed by a handler (out-in operation). The properties are
>> available in only the outflow.
>> Is this behavior correct?
>> Thanks,
>> Ruchith
> For additional commands, e-mail:

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder & Director; Lanka Software Foundation;
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;
Director; Open Source Initiative;
Member; Apache Software Foundation;
Visiting Lecturer; University of Moratuwa;

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message