axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [axis2] Re: svn commit: r547848 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2: engine/AxisServer.java transport/SimpleAxis2Server.java
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:47:07 GMT
(adding axis2 prefix)

>> Does this work for you? please see svn revision 547859.
>>
>> *new AxisServer(true).deployService("className");
>>
> This seems reasonable to me. I have to agree that it would be better
> to explicitly state the conditions in this case.

+1!

Dims, I think you've made a good point here about -1'ing.  Deepal, could
you please revert your -1 after the discussion (assuming you're OK with
AxisServer having the boolean constructor param to allow controlling the
auto-start)?  I'd really like to see dims' cleanup and API addition
re-committed.  And all of us in the future should be VERY careful about
-1's to commits.

I was going to suggest using something like a (VETO) suffix to
distinguish "conversational" -1s from real vetos, but after some
thought, the presence of a -1 on a reply to a commit message really
should be enough, and we should be very aware of the veto power of a -1
IN THAT CONTEXT.

So a) Deepal, I for one would like to see your -1 reverted, and b)
thanks for the demonstration of what you were really getting at, dims. :)

--Glen