axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: Setting must understand property true for all required attributes in addressing
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:43:41 GMT
Hi David!

David Illsley wrote:
> I'd be against setting mustUnderstand=true unless there's a strong
> reason as imo it'll lead to more confusion for users.

In general I agree 100% that we should NOT default to MU=true, but there
are some cases where we really should - for instance whenever we're
using a two-channel request-response MEP using WSA.  If we expect the
result back on an endpoint that the other side, by definition, must have
extracted from <wsa:ReplyTo>, then I think it's goodness to mark the WSA
headers (or at least one of them - since if one is understood they all
must be understood) as MU=true.

--Glen