axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <>
Subject Re: -1's and Etiquette (Re: svn commit: r544426 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel: src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/ src/org/apache/axis2/description/ test/org/apache/axis2/deployment/)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 11:52:40 GMT
Hi Dims,

I am very sorry for reverting your changes w.o letting you know that ,
and next time I will not do so.
The main reason behind to revert your changes was you  have removed a
feature that I have added a long time ago w.o asking in the list. Just
b'coz we are doing CTR we should not remove code like that. To be honest
I am not going through your commits messages but accidentally I  went
through your commit today and there I found that you have removed that
particular feature . What if I did not go through that commit message ,
then we will be no longer have that feature.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> One more thing, Axis2 development is done using Commit-Then-Review.
> And please remember, it's not proper etiquette to revert changes,
> without the committer being given a chance to defend his check-in.
> Unless there was a build break. And AFAIK, there was not a build break
> for Axis2.
> thanks,
> dims

To unsubscribe, e-mail: