axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: The use of a -1
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 00:38:48 GMT
+1.  Well said, David.  I certainly think there is a lot of room for
discussion, and even contention, in the development process.  The "-1"
is often used in informal discussion (i.e. not, accompanying a technical
justification, as a veto against a specific code-modification proposal)
as the conversational equivalent of "ew", but if we want it to keep it's
weight as a voting tool (and be able to tell when it's being used that
way), perhaps we should pare it back a bit.

We're all a team here, and our goal is to build the best software we
can, so +1 to more discussion and consensus-building.

I for one very much appreciated the sentiment, and the note.

--Glen