axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Please stop abusing -1's
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 02:34:13 GMT
Sanjiva,

As you rightly said, the key is the sentence from your email:
"if you have an objection the only way to get serious attention to it"

IMHO, You can start with a gentle push and if you don't get "enough
attention" then do a -1.
IMHO, No one can expect a total control of changes to a class that was
just checked in a few hours ago. That's preposterous. Unless *ALL*
details were discussed prior on the mailing list and the checkin was
just a formality.
IMHO, the situation was not serious enough to warrant a -1.

Yes, the process is if there is a -1 then the code needs to be
reverted to the previous version as soon as possible, unless there is
build break in our test harness.

Sorry, IMHO, spate of -1's that i see means a "My way or the Highway"
approach is taking root and i personally don't like it.

thanks,
dims