axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Clustering: No need for ContextManager contextAdded & contextRemoved methods
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 14:09:07 GMT
I introduced distinct commands (add/update/remove) to make it more simple
and readable (to avoid update context being too complicated).

>This also simplifies the clustering implementation, since an updateContext
message can be received before a contextAdded message due to the order in
which the >threads run at a particular time.
Afkam, I didn't encounter this during my very limited testing. However an
update is always followed after a context is created. I am not sure how
these events get mixed up due to thread issues. We should be able to
garuntee causal ordering at the least.

Can you explain the problem a bit more? To me the solution seems more of a
hack due to some other issues in the system.

Anyways if u think this change makes it easy, please go ahead with it.

Regards,

Rajith