axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Switch either to maven or maven2
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 08:33:21 GMT
After trying HARD to get up and running on maven2 for some other
projects, I personally still very much prefer maven1..

IMHO Axis2 is now a some what matured project, where most of the
pieces are stable.. Axis2 maven1 build works fine for almost all the
parts of Axis2 except for the maven2 plugings.. I do not see much
advantages on coming up with a new build system deprecating an already
working system.. Given the troubles and known issues of maven2 I do
not think it's worth the hassle. This reminds me the famous quote "if
it ain't broke, don't fix it"..

On the other hand this will also effect almost all the downstream
projects that build on maven1.. If we are coming up with a maven2
build, please make sure to publish artifacts on maven1 repo's too.. I
mean even the SNAPSHOTs..

 I would have been 0+ for maven2 if we are thinking of a new project
or fixing a badly broken maven1 build..  But I'm 0- for moving Axis2
to maven2.

Thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com