axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSA_ANONYMOUS_URL
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 08:26:32 GMT
Smitha

The original binding of SOAP to HTTP had the responses always coming
back on the HTTP response channel. WS-Addressing added the capability
to decouple the SOAP interaction onto two HTTP connections - one for
the request and one for the response. This hasn't got a single
accepted name but is called various things including:
* Duplex (in .NET)
* NonAnonymous (WSA)
* UseSeparateListener (Axis2)
* Decoupled or Asynchronous (others)

But of course, plenty of people want to use the existing model, and in
fact it is the default with WS-Addressing if you leave out the
ReplyTo. The official way of referring to this is the anonymous URL
(http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous) is a marker
indicating that you want to use the transport backchannel for SOAP

Paul

On 5/11/07, smitha.aldrin@wipro.com <smitha.aldrin@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anybody explain me what's meant by WSA_ANONYMOUS_URL which is used
> to set options.setReplyTo()?
>
> Thanks And Regards
> Smitha Aldrin

of this message and any attachments.

> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this
>
> www.wipro.com

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com