axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] 1.2 ADB issues
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 04:41:34 GMT
hi dennis,

thanks for your reply. please see the online comments

On 5/26/07, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com> wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> Changing the subject to match the content.
>
> From my personal experience there are the issues that we've already
> discussed, where as far as I can see unwrapping is badly broken. First
> there's the issue with multiple schemas in the WSDL which you said you'd
> fixed, and then the compile error in the generated stub for callback
> classes when asynchronous is enabled (5-18 email):
>
> http://marc.info/?t=117885569800001&r=1&w=2

I accept the fact that this is an ADB issue and I have fixed this in both
brach and trunk.
but response unwrapping was not there with the
Axis2 1.1.1. So you can not say it is as a broken feature.

Since asynchronous code generation is enabled by default this seems to
> be an especially serious problem. If I get a chance today I'll add a
> Jira for the callback issue, unless you've already fixed that.
>
> I also thought I've seen several other ADB fixes in the 1.2 branch, and
> several reports of other ADB features broken in 1.2. There don't appear
> to be a lot of Jiras open on these issues, but I do see this one that
> looks serious: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2578

this issue has two parts one with xml beans and one with ADB. writing just a

":" when there is no prefix I have already fixed this in trunk. Again this
is also a bug in Axis2 1.1.1. So not a broken feature.

When we come from Axis2 1.1.1 to Axis2 1.2 we added new features
(simple type union,list,restriction and enumeration support) and fixed bugs
in
complex type extension, restrictions and did some performance improvements
(calling directly to serialize method).
 As a resut of this people can work with more
xsds than they could with Axis2 1.1.1. so it is normal to report more bugs.
But I have not
seen any broken feature.

Amila.

  - Dennis