axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis2 Architecture problems.
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 02:26:40 GMT
Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> The main reason behind handler chain clone was to support dynamic
> modification of the chain, that is some one can change the current
> handler chain while he is processing the message. So we clone the
> template handler chain and store that in the message context.

This particular feature I've always felt is YAGNI. AFAIK we don't have a
single use-case for this right now .. so why don't we introduce a flag
"cloneHandlerChain" which is false by default and we document it and tell
people to set a parameter (globally or in services.xml) to set it if they
want the thing cloned.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.