axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Removing ContextListener
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 11:46:50 GMT
Hi Afkham!

Afkham Azeez wrote:
> Hi Glen,
> When I checked the logs, I found that you have introduced this
> interface. What is the usage of this interface?

This was added because we refactored ContextFactory away - and the
reason for ContextFactory was to have one place that we could be
notified of all the *Context creations (even though it never actually
did that!).

See thread at http://marc.info/?l=axis-dev&m=117822877408932&w=2.
Apparently no one integrated this into the actual clustering code.

> In the clustering implementation, we need to track the add context &
> remove context events for service group contexts & service contexts.
> Currently we are directly calling cluster manager from the relevant
> places. Can this interface be adopted by the clustering implementation?

Well, that was the idea... :)

Do whatever the right thing is.  If you feel you're getting good mileage
out of the current code and there isn't too much tight coupling, feel
free to remove ContextListener and associated APIs.  Otherwise feel free
to utilize it.

Thanks,
--Glen