axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <>
Subject Re: Axis2 Architecture problems. ... not any more ;)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 05:47:58 GMT

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
>> However we may be able to improve a bit of the code :) Since the
>> handlers are stateless replicating them would not mean anything
>> (shouldn't make a difference).
> +1. I too agree.
>> Should we able to create a read-only
>> List implementation where only one of the handler instances exist in
>> the engine ?
> Looking at the logic:
>        ArrayList outPhases = new ArrayList();
>        outPhases.addAll((ArrayList) executionChain.clone());
>        outPhases.addAll((ArrayList) msgContext.getConfigurationContext()
>                .getAxisConfiguration().getGlobalOutPhases().clone());
>        msgContext.setExecutionChain(outPhases);
> It does not look like we do any changes to the list after cloning.
> Hence would be better off to drop cloning.
Yes, you can see this code at the sending path. There we get the handler
chain from operation and merge that with the global out chain. But in
the receiving path logic is other way round , first we invoke the global
chain and after dispatch phase we merged operation specific handler chain.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message