axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <>
Subject [Axis2] Configuring default parameters
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 17:45:13 GMT

(Yeah, I know the subject is weird but there is nothing else that came
to my mind)

There was a question in the user mailing list asking about setting soap
version in axis2.xml. It brought up a nice possible feature in Axis2
(no-one please do not "volunteer" me for this for the time being :)).
The default SOAP version we use to send SOAP messages is SOAP 1.1. If
one needs to send using SOAP 1.2, they have to set that using
Options.seySOAPVersion. But how can we make this permanent? It is not
only this property. There are numerous properties like this that are
there inside the engine we might be setting using Options.
So how about having a properties file just like in maven 1.x. In maven
they have project.xml which captures all the mandatory fields, but they
also have the optional which captures the parameters
that override default ones.
For the time being some of these parameters are in axis2.xml. If we
introduce this properties file we can move them also. So there are two
kinds of settings. Things that are dafaulted within the code and things
that are not. For example, there is no default for http transport
listerner and sendStacktraceDetailsWithFaults has a default in the code.
My suggestion is to keep all the non-defaulted params in axis2.xml and
move and have all the other properties in to something like, which is optional of course.

What do you all think about this? I assume no-one wants have all the
properties inside axis2.xml and clutter it.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: