axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Typed Stax support for ADB(?)
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 20:19:04 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Sanjiva:
>
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>> I sent a subscription request .. but apparently membership is not
>> open but has to be approved by the moderator. Surprising in this day
>> and age IMO but anyway I hope I'll be allowed in.
>
> Just a quick comment - this shouldn't be surprising at all, esp. in
> this day and age. :)  I moderate the soapbuilders Yahoo group, and I
> can tell you from experience that if you leave subscription open
> nowadays, you will get hundreds of automated spammer "members" whose
> only purpose is to send spam to the group (many groups are configured
> for member-only postings), and clutter the "links" and "files"
> sections with porn or advertisements. :(
unfortunately it is very much true for stax_builders (as i am moderator
i can see some of it still even after yahoo filters most of spam)
moreover when membership request comes to me that has no comment i do
not approve because you can not know if this is really somebody
interested in stax or just more sophisticated spam bot - dark side of
"flat world" :-(

best,

alek