axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Performance (was: Using Local transport for test cases)
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:19:43 GMT
Hi David:

David Illsley wrote:
> Having said that, I'll warn that my guess is that the majority of time
> is still spent doing codegen in the *-codegen and integration modules.

A couple of things come to mind here.

1) Do we seriously need to be building the 2+Meg eBay WSDL like *four*
times?  As we move over to m2, we won't build the "enterprise" stuff
unless the profile is used, which will help.  But even when doing the
enterprise tests, why are we doing multiple builds over the file?  It's
good to test large files, so let's build it once, but can't we come up
with leaner, more focused test cases?

2) Has anyone done a perf test of the codegen path to see if there's any
low-hanging fruit we might grab in order to speed things up a little?

Thanks,
--Glen