axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Using Local transport for test cases
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 12:40:23 GMT
Hi Chinthaka!

Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> IIRC, Glen once suggested, during a hackathon, to use local transport
> for some of the tests so that we can cut down http transport costs. Any
> volunteer to have a look on this? I might be able to help a bit with my
> limited time here.

Funny you should mention this. :)  I have a "LocalTestCase" utility
class on my machine, which sets up a no-filesystem AxisConfiguration and
then makes it very easy to deploy services and obtain initialized
clients.  Then you extend that with test cases - I've got a working one
for SOAP sessions, for instance.

I've got a couple of issues with it at the moment:

First, where to put it?  I'd like it to be usable for unit testing, so I
don't quite want to put it in the integration module - I was thinking
kernel, but then we also want it to be usable by other modules.  Should
we have some kind of a test-utils module (this has come up before) which
gets depended upon by the test phases of the other modules?

Second, I'd like to be able to deploy modules (in particular addressing)
into the server without relying on a filesystem repository.  I *think*
there is a way to do this using the classpath, but I haven't yet gone
through and made it work so we can pick up the built "addressing.mar"
from the maven repository.  Anyone got this working?

Once we resolve the first issue, I'll check this in so others can take a
look and work on it.  Then we can start to migrate some of our
HTTP-based tests over.

Thanks,
--Glen