axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [axis2] Re: svn commit: r534865 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/client: OperationClient.java ServiceClient.java
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 14:37:11 GMT
[switching over to axis-dev and adding prefix]

Hi folks!

Deepal wrote:
 >Why do you want to do such a thing ? , does anyone ask for a  feature
 >like this ?
 >As I can see you are breaking Axis2 concepts.

Deepal, I'm not sure what you meant by "breaking Axis2 concepts" either?

Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Is this for the Stub scenario where we automatically save the oc so
> that the user can get to it when the invocation is over?

Yes, but also for the DII scenario where you just use a ServiceClient or
OperationClient directly.  The version Deepal and I put in before was
specifically for use in stubs, but I found that I needed the same
functionality in a DII test, so it makes much more sense to implement it
generically, where it should work for both Stubs and DII.

I actually put it in the wrong place - it shouldn't be in the
constructor, it should be in execute(), so that it really is "last
operation context executed" instead of "last operation context created".
  As such I'm making execute() a final method in the abstract
OperationClient class, and renaming the abstract method executeImpl().
Just made this change, testing it now.  I'll also make sure we have a
test or two for this.

I didn't find any references to setLastOperationContext() anywhere in
our source tree, including in the stub generation templates... Did the
stub-related version of this functionality disappear at some point?
(perhaps this is why that JIRA got filed)

Thanks,
--Glen