axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Architecture problems. ... not any more ;)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 03:37:33 GMT
Samisa,

think of this situation, we need to add a rampart handler for
encrypting a response back to the client and we don't want to do any
encryption if there is a fault. currently if we just add a handler in
the out flow, we are all set. otherwise, we need to add additional
logic in the handler for detecting faults. Also say, there is a
logging handler needs to be added for faults ONLY, we don't want that
handler to be called under normal conditions as we don't want the over
head of checking if the current flow is fault or normal. that was the
reason we added it, (if i renenver right). of course there's nothing
wrong in writing only one set of handlers for doing everything...i
guess.

-- dims