axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release of rampart?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 19:45:46 GMT
Am working on a nightly after ruchith added the ant script. hopefully
by end of day today i will send a url.

-- dims

On 5/22/07, Angel Todorov <attodorov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> Rampat *does* work with Axis-1.2 , if you checkout its latest (HEAD)
> sources from SVN, and build the jars  & mars using maven2. There is
> nothing from stopping you to use rampart with Axis2 1.2 :)
>
> Regards,
> Angel
>
> On 5/22/07, George Stanchev <Gstanchev@serena.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am again inquiring about when would a rampart release be available.
> > Here we are already a week past the previously announced "mid-May" date
> > for
> > its release and no word from developers on when would it be available.
> >
> > I will use this opportunity also to say that is is just bad to have
> > such a big gap in the release cycles of those two components (axis2 and
> > its security module). Security is essential part of web services and
> > IMO should've gone hand in hand with its 1.2 release, especially given
> > the fact that Axis2 1.2 broke its compatibility with previous versions
> > of Rampart esentially blocking 1.2 consumers that use security of using
> > the whole stack.
> >
> > I really hope this to be an exception in the otherwise nice axis2
> > product.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > George Stanchev

> > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.