axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] -- Attachment caching
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:55:11 GMT
>  Here is one idea:
>  Change the code to introduce a new object, CachedFile.
>  CachedFile will create the attachment file when it is constructed and
>  delete the cached file when garbage collected.

AFAIK calling of the destructor is not reliable in java. That's why we
kept this issue open for the users to tackle.
Also we cannot think of an exact point in the execution cycle to
delete the temp files as we cannot assume the duration of usage of the
temp file by the user.

WSO2 WSAS has introduced a mechanism to periodically clean the temp
files by looking at the timestamps... May be that'll help here too...

>  Sam could you open a WS-COMMONS JIRA for this issue.
Yes... Please open a JIRA.

Thilina
--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com