axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <>
Subject Re: [axis2] Release process
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:28:23 GMT
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply.  Sure, we can discuss this again when we're ready to
cut 1.3.

The problem we have is that we don't all run IDEA, so we can't mimic the
changes that would be applied across the entire tree.  If we think the
reformatting is necessary, one option might be to use Eclipse (or some
other open source tool) to do the reformats so we all have access to the

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID:

Glen Daniels <>
04/23/2007 01:11 PM
Please respond to

Re: [axis2] Release process

Hi Jeff:

+1 to keeping the code formatting all the time, but theoretically that
means that any changes a project-wide "format code" operation would
generate should be very minor, just correcting mistakes.  As such I
still think we should be trying out a format-sweep using the checked-in
IDEA settings before each release.

How about we bring this up again when we're ready to cut 1.3 and I can
post a diff of what the formatting run would do to the tree before