axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Towards an Axis 1.5 Release (Reprised)
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:29:21 GMT
I'll be willing to help. Sorry I missed the first note - it got lost in
the axis2 notes.  As for the failing tests, we should just remove the ones
that don't work due to the remote site being gone. I have them commented
out in my local version and everything else works.  One other thing I'd
love to also do is step up to the latest wsdl4j to add support for soap
1.2 constructs in wsdl.  Right now just one test fails when I test it but
I haven't have time to investigate why.

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

"Tom Jordahl" <tjordahl@adobe.com>
04/18/2007 03:55 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

<axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Towards an Axis 1.5 Release (Reprised)

I am +1 to an Axis 1.5 addressing critical issues (and maybe even not so
critical) in the bug system.

I would recommend adding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2647
to the list.

My product is still on Axis 1.2.1.  The reason is because Axis 1.x has
lost a critical mass of people (myself included) who understand enough
about how it works to really evaluate patches.  We then start taking
'harmless' patches that end up breaking other stuff.  So at this point I
am staying with the bug set I know. :-(

As far as helping out, I am in a long closedown cycle right now, but I
should be able to take a 1.5 beta release and run it through our web
service regression suite sometime early this summer.

--
Tom Jordahl
Adobe