axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Badorrek" <mbador...@avoga.com.au>
Subject Problems reading attributes
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:21:18 GMT

I have a soap request using axis2-1.1  to generate the client and server bindings.
The client seems to render the xml just fine, but the server side seems to have a problem.

Specifically, here is a snippet of code that is generated from the client:

<Field Id="TOTALSUMINSURED" xmlns:ns0="http://***********************">100000</Field
<http://aon.com.au/ebixconvertortypes/2007">100000</Field> >

If I attempt to do an xmlText() on the element I get the following string:

<xml-fragment Id="TOTALSUMINSURED" xmlns:ns0="http://***********************" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">100000</xml-fragment>

This appears correct to me. This snippet is referred to in the generated code as a "FieldType".

FieldType blah = fieldArr[i];    // OK

String str = blah.getStringValue();   //OK

String id = blah.getId();    //Fails - returns null

'str' will be set to '100000', whilst 'Id' will be set to null. I would have expected 'Id'
to be 'TOTALSUMINSURED'.
Does anyone else have problems retrieving attributes with axis2 or am I just doing something
silly here?

BTW, where is snippet from the scheme:

 <complexType name="FieldType">
  <simpleContent>
   <extension base="string">
    <attribute name="Id" type="string" use="required"/>
   </extension>
  </simpleContent>
 </complexType>

Cheers,