axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Recent changes
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 04:40:45 GMT
Hi Glen

> Hi folks:
>
> Please consider yourself encouraged to review my last couple of
> commits, which include two significant items.
>
> 1) I am in the midst of cleaning up and simplifying the deployment
> system a bit.

cool.

> 2) I removed the InstanceDispatcher, since it really wasn't a
> Dispatcher at all,

Why not it dispatch contexts , so it is a Dispatcher.

> but rather a place for functionality (setting up contexts) that should
> always happen at the end of dispatching - sometimes it was in the
> Dispatch phase, and sometimes in the PostDispatch phase.  I moved that
> functionality into DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(), so now it's
> built in to the end of the phase.

I am big -1 on this change , doing such a major changes after stables
releases is not a good idea at all, as well as that  will break backward
compatibility among the releases. Btw was there a particular reason for
removing InstanceDispatcher ?.

I am ok with improving logic in th InstanceDispatcher , but please do
not remove that .

> Also, now that <handler>s that are configured in axis2.xml inside a
> <phase> tag automatically know what Phase they're in from the
> containment relationship, I removed a lot of the unnecessary <order
> phase=""> tags from most of the config files in our source tree.

+1

"