axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [axis2] Making AxisFaults from Exceptions/Throwables (REFACTOR)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 18:55:55 GMT
Hi all:

Right now we have AxisFault(Throwable) as a public constructor.  This
means it's possible to wrap AxisFaults inside AxisFaults, and there are
a few places where this can happen - this can make it really hard to
unwind the cause of a fault.  Axis 1.X deals with this by having the
constructor be private/protected, and making sure that
AxisFault.makeFault() is always used to get AxisFaults from Exceptions.

I'm going to make this same change in Axis2, replacing all calls to "new
AxisFault(exception)" with "AxisFault.makeFault(exception)".

Holler if you have any issues with this?

Thanks,
--Glen