axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 SOAP-over-JMS
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 16:53:00 GMT
<head>
</head>
Hi Badrys<br>
  <pre wrap="">I downloded the nightly builds release
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/">http://people.apache.org/dist/axis2/nightly/</a>)
but I couldn't even run the
axis2Server.</pre>
I think this is something wrong with the base distribution and not
directly related to Axis2 - I notice the distribution size is around
2.5MB - so its definitely missing the dependency jars<br>
  <pre wrap=""> In fact, I noticed that many jar files are missing in the
distribution (there are many ClassDefNotFoundExceptions when launching
axis2Server). So I tried to complete it with jars from the axis2 1.1.1
version but it didn't work either :-(
  </pre>
The versions may have changed.. so its better to get a working axis2
1.2 build - what I would recommend is building off the 1.2 branch
source - or waiting for the next RC<br>
  <pre wrap="">Plus, I noticed that the java classes in the source distribution were
different from the ones you published il the JIRA issue.
Does that mean that the modifications you've maid are not yet applied ?
  </pre>
Hmm.. I suspect the nightly build to be erroneous.. also all changes I
have made (a change done today as well) are on both the trunk and the
1.2 branch. So they should be available with the next builds as
mentioned above<br>
asankha<br>
  <pre wrap="">
Badrys

asankha wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">

Hi Badrys

Deepal should be cutting the next RC pretty soon.. I was expecting this
even today. Else you could try the nightly builds off the trunk since
the JMS code is the same now - I committed it to both trunk and the 1.2
branch today.

If you can spend time and give us feedback - any testing is very much
appreciated :-)
asankha

badrys wrote:

  Hi Asankha,

First I'd like to thank you for the effort you've made to fix Axis. ;-)
I downloaded the fixed java classes from the JIRA link. Unfortunately I
couldn't test them: I actually downloaded the  Axis 2 source distribution
and I replaced the old files with the patched ones. Then I tried to
rebuild
a new binary distribution using Maven but it failed when trying to
download
the necessary jars (the links are no more available).
So I guess the remaining solution would be to wait for the next release of
Axis 2 (1.2).
Have you any idea about when it should be available ?

Many thanks.

asankha wrote:

Hi Badrys

I have fixed <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2434">https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2434</a>
  on the
trunk, and could apply this to the 1.2 branch as soon as you could
verify that the fix works as expected. Then it will get into the next
build.

asankha

badrys wrote:

  Hi Asankha,

Any good news concerning the "Axis2 one way messaging" issue we discussed
last time ?  :-)

Thanks.

asankha wrote:

Hi Badrys

Yes, the problem is not yet fixed. I will try my best to fix this in
the coming week ahead

asankha

badrys wrote:

  Hi Asankha

I actually could solve the axis2 problem I had and then I had another
Axisfault related to JMS :
So I guess I have a pure JMS question this time If you don't mind : In my
web service I have a one way operation (void runPublisher() ) and when I
call it from a client , it came up with this exception:
&amp;amp;amp;lt;&amp;amp;amp;lt;
23 mars 2007 14:26:33 org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSSender invoke
ATTENTION: Did not receive a JMS response within 30000 ms to destination :
topic://pubtopic.TestTopic
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Incoming message input stream is null
	at
org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:64)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:252)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:202)
	at
src.src.PublishingServiceStub.echoPublisher(PublishingServiceStub.java:154)
	at src.src.ClientEcho.main(ClientEcho.java:17)

  And then when I try to make some search about this kind of exception in
mailing lists archives I found that you have dealt with it quite recently
( <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-68">https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNAPSE-68</a>
  ).

I would be grateful If you tell wether or not you solved the problem and
how
you did it.
Thanks in advance.

asankha wrote:

Hi Badrys

Seems like the problem you encounter below is not related to JMS. So
its better to describe it with a new subject and post to the list for
better answers. One thing I noted was that you ask for <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService/myOperation&amp;amp;amp;nbsp;butAxis2saysitcouldn'tfindServiceNotfoundEPRis/axis2/services/HelloPublishSubscribe/echoHelloasankhabadryswrote:Actually,Iunderstoodthe">"
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService/myOperation
&amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;
but Axis2 says it couldn't find
Service Not found EPR is
/axis2/services/HelloPublishSubscribe/echoHello
asankha

badrys wrote:

  Actually, I understood the "</a>   Version" thing : Version  is the web
service
sample given with Axis2 and according to the Apache documentation
( <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/jms-transport.html">http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/jms-transport.html</a>
   ), when the JMS
transport
starts it checks all the destinations specified by all the web services
and
gives a default destination name (which is the same as the name of the
service) to those who doesn't specify one. Since "Version" is one of them,
the JMS transport associate a destination named Version to it.
But my real problem now is the "Axis Fault : Operation Not Found" thing :
when I checked this url :
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService/myOperation">"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService/myOperation"</a>
    I found
this:

&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;soapenv:Fault&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;

&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;faultcode&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;soapenv:Client&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/faultcode&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;

   &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;faultstring&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
         Service Not found EPR is
/axis2/services/HelloPublishSubscribe/echoHello
   &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/faultstring&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
   &amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;detail/&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/soapenv:Fault&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;

I guess it means that Axis2 doesn't recognize my web service's operation
but
I don't know what caused that, and what is really weird : on the url :
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/">"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/"</a>
    , I can see my web service and
its
operations displayed.
can you help me with this issue ?

Thanks for your time.

asankha wrote:

Are you using the latest trunk? there was a defect when the JMS
Destination name was different from its JNDI name but I am not sure if
this is the case. If the JMS transport creates a new Queue with the
name "Version", then obviously it cannot find a JMS destination with
the name "Version" on the JNDI context you specify.. Could you check
why that might be?

asankha

badrys wrote:

  Hi Asankha

When I deployed my web service (the publish/subscirbe application I told
you
about before). Axis2 generated a wsdl and the wsdl2java tool generated a
code (stub and callback handler) that I used to create a client.
However, I noticed something weird when launching Axis2 : although I
didn't
forget to specify my destination (topic) and launch my JMS Broker before
that, It put this on the terminal:

[CODE]
ATTENTION: Cannot find destination : Version Creating a Queue with this
name
22 mars 2007 15:06:28 org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSConnectionFactory
listen

INFO: Connection factory : default initialized...
22 mars 2007 15:06:28 org.apache.axis2.transport.SimpleAxis2Server main
INFO: [SimpleAxisServer] Started
[/CODE]

And when I try to execute my client, axis2 came up with this exception :

[CODE]
 22 mars 2007 15:07:46
org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSMessageReceiver$Worker r
un
GRAVE: JMS Worker [JMSWorker-1] Encountered an Axis Fault : Operation Not
found
EPR is  and WSA Action =  urn:runSubscriber
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Operation Not found EPR is  and WSA Action =
urn:ru
nSubscriber
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPha
se.java:48)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:398)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:522)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:487)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSMessageReceiver$Worker.run(JMSMessa
geReceiver.java:198)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Wor
ker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Wor
ker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
[/CODE]

Have you any idea of what is causing this ?

Many thanks.
badrys

asankha wrote:

    Hi Badrys

      does the fact of specifying a JMS destination in
services.xml create a physical Destination (a Java Object that I can
access
from a java code) ?  and if it's the case can you tell me how to do it ?

    Yes, if your JMS provider supports this. (e.g. ActiveMQ) This would
create a JMS Queue with a name same as that of the service, and you
should be able to access this using JNDI from Javacode outside

asankha

For additional commands, e-mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org">axis-dev-help@ws.apache.org</a>