axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Bjorn Townsend <bj...@sourcelabs.com>
Subject Towards an Axis 1.5 Release (Reprised)
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:18:47 GMT
All,

I sent out an email on March 30th soliciting responses to a proposed
release plan for an Axis 1.5 release.  I haven't gotten any responses
to it yet (though I did see Dims reference it in response to a user's
question the following week) so I thought I'd respectfully request
your thoughts on the matter once again.  Here's a link to the
proposed release plan once again:

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Axis1%2e5ReleasePlan

Before work on Axis 1.5 can truly begin, we need to get the tests
working. Currently, the Axis 1.4 and Axis 1.x trunk test suites
cannot be run successfully. I've already put a little work into this,
and opened two new issues in the Axis JIRA to track the problems:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2649 (Tests throw errors
when run from within an svn working directory) - NOTE: I've attached
a patch with a potential fix in JIRA for this one
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2650 (Tests depending on
the services hosted at soapinterop.java.sun.com cannot run)

Obviously the second problem is by far the greater one -- it's due to
the fact that the soapinterop.java.sun.com host is no longer
responding, so the services that the tests depended on cannot be
accessed.  I'm hoping to get some input on how best to solve this
problem, and have put forth the options as I see them in the JIRA
issue itself.  I plan to tackle the problem, but I'd really like to
get input on which way to proceed.

I'd also really like to get input on my release plan proposal.  Is
anyone else interested in working on Axis 1.5?

Thanks,
Bjorn