axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Josh <gemini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: There are now archived Modules or Services in my War
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:25:56 GMT
Robert,

Taking your recomendation, I will explain what has been done so far.

Looking to deploy an Axis2 based service into my existing web application, I
followed the directions in this article (http://wso2.org/library/90) to
create a war file with only the Axis2 jars (Note: this does not make use of
the Axis2.war file in any way).  Using the sample application that could be
downloaded from this page, I loaded it into Tomcat 5.5.20 and had no
problems with it deployed both in war and exploded formats.  I was able to
view the wsdl file for the sample BookService using the following url:
http://localhost:port/axis2/services/BookService?wsdl  Note: "axis2" in this
URL is the name of this sample app, not to be confused with the
axis2.warthat comes with the axis2 distro.

I decided it was time to test this out on Weblogic 8.1.  Taking into
consideration the well known class loading issue on Weblogic, I added a
weblogic.xml file in the WEB-INF directory with the recommended
prefer-web-inf-classes option set to true.  I deployed the application as an
exploded war file and it worked without a hitch.  When I packaged it as a
war file though, I received the following error:

<Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101214> <Included resource or file
"/axis2/axis2-web/listSingleService.jsp" not found from requested resource
"/axis2/services/BookService".>

The strange thing about this error is that the axis2-web folder was never
included in this war.  It was not required on Tomcat (archived and
unarchived) and only causes an error when deploying on Weblogic in an
archived format.

Doing some research, I found that Weblogic, rather JDK 1.4.x, has a known
issue obtaining resources from nested jar files.  I believe that Tomcat gets
around this issue by having its own WAR classloader that works around this
issue.  Though similar, I don't think the two issues are related.  For one,
the error messages are totally different and two, the sample BookService is
not deployed in an archived aar file.  It is also deployed in an "exploded"
format.

So, that brings us to where we are now.  How can I help further?

Regards,

Josh