axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Josh <gemini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem deploying example app on Weblogic 8.1, works on tomcat 5.5.20 though...
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:35:01 GMT
Charitha,

Interesting.  I added the weblogic.xml file to the distro with the
"prefer-web-inf-classes" option set to true.  When deployed in an exploded
format, it works fine.  When deployed in a war format, I receive the
following error:

Mar 29, 2007 8:32:24 AM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfiguratorgetAxisConfiguration
SEVERE: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: module.xml not
found  for the module :   zip:C:/lib/axis2.war!/WEB-INF/modules/addressing-
1.1.1.mar; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: module.xml not
found  for the module :   zip:C:/lib/axis2.war!/WEB-INF/modules/addressing-
1.1.1.mar; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: module.xml not
found  for the module :   zip:C:/lib/axis2.war!/WEB-INF/modules/addressing-
1.1.1.mar; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: module.xml not
found  for the module :   zip:C:/lib/axis2.war!/WEB-INF/modules/addressing-
1.1.1.mar: loading repository from classpath
Mar 29, 2007 8:32:24 AM
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngineloadFromClassPath
INFO: Module validation failed  Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
<Mar 29, 2007 8:32:24 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet:
"AxisServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "axis2".
javax.servlet.ServletException: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java
:348)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(
ServletStubImpl.java:1094)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(
AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(
SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(
ServletStubImpl.java:970)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(
ServletStubImpl.java:949)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(
ServletStubImpl.java:888)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(
WebAppServletContext.java:3430)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(
WebAppServletContext.java:3375)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(
WebAppServletContext.java:3356)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(
WebAppServletContext.java:6208)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java
:864)
        at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(
J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2134)
        at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(
J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2175)
        at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(
J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2122)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Application.setActivation(
SlaveDeployer.java:3099)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.setActivationStateForAllApplications
(SlaveDeployer.java:1768)
        at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.resume(
SlaveDeployer.java:351)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.resume(
DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.java:229)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java
:136)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:965)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:360)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: Trying to engage a module which
is not available : addressing; nested exception is:
        org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Trying to engage a module which is not
available : addressing
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(
AxisServlet.java:397)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java
:331)
        ... 22 more

What is happening here?

Joshua