axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Anne Thomas Manes" <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2Java Code will not compile
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:07:45 GMT
Robert,

Both your WSDL and imported schema have errors.

The WSDL does not define its faults properly. The names specified in
the binding must correspond to the names specified in the portType:

The portType is defined as:

        <wsdl:operation name="SDD2TransportOp">
            <wsdl:input message="tns:SDD2TransportSoapIn"/>
            <wsdl:output message="tns:SDD2TransportSoapOut"/>
            <wsdl:fault message="tns:SDD2Error" name="SDD2ErrorFault"/>
        </wsdl:operation>

But the binding is defined as:

            <wsdl:fault name="SDD2ErrorFault">
                <soap:fault name="SDD2Error" namespace="" use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:fault>

The <soap:fault> name should be "SDD2ErrorFault".
Also, you must remove the namespace attribute from the <soap:fault> definition.

As for the schema, it repeatedly defines a set of elements with the
same name, e.g., AppId, RequestId, SourceService, DestService,
ProcessingStatus, etc. In a schema that's defined as
elementFormDefault="qualified", every element must have a unique name.
If you want to use the same element in multiple types, then you must
define the element as a global element (defined as a direct child of
the <schema> element), and use "ref=" to refer to the element from
within a type definition.

Regards,
Anne