axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Rheinheimer <r...@us.ibm.com>
Subject AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand enforcing actor/roles?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:54:30 GMT

Hi, I have a few questions about the MustUnderstand SOAP header attribute
processing logic in the AxisEngine.  Any help is appreciated.  What I see
in the AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand (at least up to SVN rev 512819) is
that if the MustUnderstand header attribute is there, the following occurs:

(1)  if not SOAP 1.1, header must have a role block, and that role block
must be NEXT
(2)  if SOAP 1.1, header may be null, but if it is not, then it must be
NEXT

I'm not sure why we would be doing this, except that possibly the support
for the three standard roles is incomplete (SOAP 1.2, section 2.2:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part1-20030624/#soaproles).  The
comments in the method declare support for only NEXT.  If my searching is
correct, it appears deepal committed the version with the comments:

 2005-12-11 svn commit: r355917 [1/3] - in
 /webservices/axis2/tru axis-dev deepal

Anybody have any insight into this?  Any plans to support the other two
roles?  Why is the logic different for !SOAP1.1 than for SOAP1.1?

Thanks!
mike