axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Code freeze in trunk
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:06:02 GMT
> After some thought, I'm +1 to dims' position.  Per-release branches are
> much easier to maintain into the future, too - you branch, release, and
> then you always have an easy place to go back and fix release-specific
> problems.

Absolute +1 to this moving forward as a release approach.  This will allow
service releases in the future along with major development.

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  -  WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-838-1182
Building: 901 / 5G-016

Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com>
03/27/2007 08:48 AM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2]Code freeze in trunk

After some thought, I'm +1 to dims' position.  Per-release branches are
much easier to maintain into the future, too - you branch, release, and
then you always have an easy place to go back and fix release-specific
problems.

Let's keep the trunk moving forward and release by branching.  Release
manager is responsible for the branch, but the individual change authors
who write things that they want included in the release are the ones who
have to do the merging, RM just coordinates and acts as gatekeeper.

--Glen

http://www.opensource.lk/