axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: "Jaxws codegen" as a GSoC project
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:23:28 GMT
On 3/20/07, David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Isuru,
> It's not entirely clear what that JIRA is asking for and what you're
> proposing to implement. Is this an apache implementation of the jax-ws
> wsgen/wsimport tools (albeit perhaps with a different name) which
> generates the spec defined interfaces?

I think this must be the idea. I went roughly through the jaxws spec and it
has defined the names to be used in stubs skeltons  interfaces etc. So
generated code should follow this conventions. And also we can use only
jaxbri as the data binding framework as well.

Or, is this something axis2
> specific?

We already have this. this is what normal codegen with any binding does.

Thinking about it, I can't imagine what the second option would be...
> but the question stands.

I am not much familiar with the jaxws. But as I saw it does some wsdl
compiling and use WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder to generate the AxisService
object structure.

Can someone having a better knowledge about jaxws put some ideas?

I think isuru can not do this since he is already a commiter. Any way it
will be helpful to anyone who would like to
do this project.

Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,