axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Too many late changes for Axis2 1.2
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 17:00:32 GMT
Hi Asankha:

There are (at least) two issues here.  One is last-minute changes, sure
(and I do agree that we should delay the release by a week or so).  The
other, MUCH MORE SERIOUS ONE, is that we aren't adequately testing our
base libraries.  If addressing got broken by a change in Axiom, then it
was clearly relying on something in Axiom which wasn't being tested by
Axiom.  We need to be better about this - I previously commented on this
kind of thing in [1].

We have a lot of tests but we need to make sure that they are the RIGHT
tests.

--Glen

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg29566.html