axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] Transport naming refactor
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:45:47 GMT
Given the inability to deprecate smoothly I suggest we take the hit and
put <blink> tags around this change in the release notes.

Maybe we should put a section titled "Backwards Incompatible Changes" (and
make sure we explain why they are backwards incompatible).

Big +1 for making both the changes proposed!

Sanjiva.

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Asankha:
>
> We can certainly add deprecated methods for the setters and the
> constructors, but not for getName() (since it would only differ by
> return type).  That being the case, I figured just take the hit now
> rather than only having the set half of the API continue to work.
>
> Let me know if you think we should add the deprecated setters, though!
>
> --Glen
>
> Asankha C. Perera wrote:
>> Glen
>>
>> I agree its good overall, but I am a bit concerned about a public API
>> change if its without deprecation of the previous methods. Synapse can
>> upgrade our code - but there may be other projects/code outside that
>> may get broken. Just a concern..
>>
>> asankha

>>> Funny you should ask... How about I just do the same thing with
>>> Module names (Stringify them) right now and be done with it?

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.