axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Cluster Manager interface
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:27:31 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>>> Rajith, is there anything preventing us from removing/changing these
>>> parts. I think making this JDK 1.4 compatible will be quite useful.
>>
>> I'd say its critical. There are MANY production places which are
>> still on 1.4 and are unlikely to move any time soon.
>
> +1 wherever possible.  In a year or so this may change as 1.6 picks up
> and 1.5 goes mainstream, but for now 1.4 is still huge.
I'm just a lurker, but I would say use 1.5, it will take this impl
equally long to become battle tested as it will for 1.5 to become
mainstream.
Folks who want to cluster their AXIS, are already trying cutting edge, I
doubt they will have a problem with 1.5 usage. And 1.5 has the whole
concurrency package, many very useful functions.

Filip