axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject [axis2] Re: svn commit: r518824 - in /webservices/commons/trunk/modules/axiom/modules: axiom-api/src/main/java/org/apache/axiom/soap/ axiom-dom/src/main/java/org/apache/axiom/soap/impl/dom/ axiom-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/axiom/soap/impl/llom/ axiom-test
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:07:25 GMT
Hi David:

David Illsley wrote:
> Given what you've just mentioned about header order, can you take a
> look at org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext.isHeaderPresent() [1]
> and it's associated comments. That and your changes here don't quite
> tally in my mind.

Right - a side-effect of the recent changes is to enable getting rid of
that method entirely because we get the same performance guard in OM
itself.  There is currently only one usage I can find of
isHeaderPresent() (in InstanceDispatcher), and I'm about to remove that
and deprecate the method itself.

Also note that until the DOOM fix I made last night, isHeaderPresent()
could have returned false in this situation:

1. Create envelope
2. Add body
3. Add header (header is now the *second* element)
4. Call isHeaderPresent()

Both copies [ insert rant here about maintainability of
llom/doom/soap11/soap12 and how the runtime memory footprint gain maybe
isn't worth it ] of SOAPHeaderImpl now give you exactly the same
benefits isHeaderPresent() used to, with the bonus that you get them
anywhere you use OM, not just in Axis.

--Glen