axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: AxisEngine.checkMustUnderstand enforcing actor/roles?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:52:50 GMT
Hi dims, Michael:

It is certainly true that role support is quite lacking so far in Axis2
- I'll commit to cleaning this all up over the next week or so.  The
main reason to differentiate the SOAP versions is to throw the correct
fault - I think Axis1 dealt a lot better in some ways with the different
SOAP versions (see org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConstants), and we should
probably implement something similar for A2.  This lets you write clean
code and keep the version-specific stuff hidden underneath another class.

That said, the checkMustUnderstand() code is definitely doing the wrong
thing right now.  The correct logic should be:

for (each header that IS targeted to me) {
    if (!processed and mustUnderstand==true) {
        throw version-specific-MU-Fault
    }
}

The first cut of "is targeted to me" is something like "has no role, the
'next' role, or is the ultimate receiver role".  The next version is to
support a configurable list of role URIs.

Thanks for noticing this - clearly we need better tests here as well.
Deepal and I were focusing on the Phase concept for that checkin you
reference, and didn't pay enough attention to the MU piece.

--Glen