axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] How to Configure/Enable Axis2 for REST
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 05:23:06 GMT

What is shown in the web interface is the EPR only. You need to append
the operation name also to that.

Anyway this has more things to think about, in addition to solving the
problem that you have mentioned.

1. Seems the error message could have been improved
2. Do we wanna use some sort of defaulting where, if the service has
just one operation then even if the request doesn't contain the
operation, we can return the proper reply. I think version service has
just one operation.

Any thoughts on this?

- -- Chinthaka

rjain wrote:
> Thanx, whew, how could I miss that one!!
>

> Manoj Khangaonkar wrote:
>> Rajest,
>>
>> The url you need to enter in the browser is I think
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/Version/getVersion
>>
>> Mj
>>

>> On 3/5/07, rjain <rjain15@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Let me explain what are the steps I do and what is the result I get
>>>
>>> 1. I have downloaded the axis-2.1.1 distribution, and created a axis2.war
>>> file.
>>> 2. I have Tomcat 5.5.15, and drop the war file in the webapps folder
>>> 3. I start Tomcat, and access the following URL
>>> http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/listServices
>>>
>>> It shows me the Version Service with the following URL's
>>>
>>> Service EPR : http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version
>>> Service REST epr : http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/Version
>>>
>>> If I try to access the first URL
>>> (http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version) I get the following
>>> message
>>>
>>> Please enable REST support in WEB-INF/conf/axis2.xml and WEB-INF/web.xml
>>>
>>> If I try to access the second URL (
>>> http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/Version)
>>> I get the following error message
>>> <soapenv:Fault>
>>> <faultcode/>
>>> −
>>>        <faultstring>
>>> I can not find a service for this request to be serviced. Check the WSDL
>>> and
>>> the request URI
>>> </faultstring>
>>> <detail/>
>>> </soapenv:Fault>
>>>
>>> Next, I go the axis2.xml and  in the webapps/axis/WEB-INF\conf folder and
>>> change the following settings
>>>    <parameter name="servicePath" locked="false">services</parameter>
>>>    <parameter name="restPath" locked="false">rest</parameter>
>>>    <parameter name="enableRESTInAxis2MainServlet"
>>> locked="true">true</parameter>
>>>
>>> The rest all parameters are default, I don't change anything else.
>>>
>>> I stop and start tomcat, access the List services, it shows me the same
>>> URL.
>>> I try to access the first URL,
>>> http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version,
>>> I get the error message
>>> <soapenv:Fault>
>>> <faultcode/>
>>> −
>>>        <faultstring>
>>> I can not find a service for this request to be serviced. Check the WSDL
>>> and
>>> the request URI
>>> </faultstring>
>>> <detail/>
>>> </soapenv:Fault>
>>>
>>> I try to access the second URL, http://localhost:8080/axis2/rest/Version,
>>> get the error message
>>> soapenv:Fault>
>>> <faultcode/>
>>> −
>>>        <faultstring>
>>> I can not find a service for this request to be serviced. Check the WSDL
>>> and
>>> the request URI
>>> </faultstring>
>>> <detail/>
>>> </soapenv:Fault>
>>>
>>> I check the WSDL at http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version?wsdl,
>>> and
>>> it is available.
>>>
>>> I have tried with the Nightly builds, where the configuration parameters
>>> are
>>> simpler, I have not
>>> been successful. I would like to know what is the step I am missing or
> [...]
AXIS2