axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjaya Karunasena <sanja...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] locked="false"
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:05:19 GMT
On Friday 23 March 2007 10:35, Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> > Not only do I not mind it but can you please also remove the entire
> > concept? AFAIK we have *never* found a need for the "locked" vs.
> > "unlocked" concept .. so let's just dink it. YAGNI and all that.
>
> I am -1 on removing locked attribute , it has many usecases though we
> are not suing  that inside Axis2 codebase. External parties will find it
> very useful , I remember at the last apacheCon I heard from one of user
> that he is using locked attribute in his applications.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal

If I have correctly understood the rational here, locked attribute will allow
me to have a setting across the server which cannot be changed by the users.
Meaning, by the services.xml.

Yes, that will have valid use cases. But what are the real use cases for
having that attribute available in services.xml?

Thanks
Sanjaya