axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From anup bansal <anup_bansa...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Problem with the namespace prefix in Axis
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:46:17 GMT
Dear Anne,

  I am not using WSSJ. We use a common service within our institution for signing and verification
of messages. I am using the SAAJ APIs to extract the element tags from the SOAP message I
receive.
  However when extracting the elements, the message is serialized by AXIS and it is during
this process that the origiinal prefix values are ignored.

  Can using WSS4J solve my problem?

You have mentioned the following:
  If the application needs to maintain the contents of the original SOAP
message in its pure form, then you must use the Messaging API and
process the raw XML.

  So does that mean the only way to overcome the problem is: I need to write my own HTTPSender
class. The entire message I response I receive in the bytes, will have to be converted to
an XML and then the data extracted without the interferrence of AXIS?

  Thanks  regards,
  Anup

Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:
  Prefixes are significant when the XML message or a portion thereof is
being signed.

Anup -- you have to make sure you process the signature before Axis
begins to process it. Are you using WSS4J to process the signature?

If the application needs to maintain the contents of the original SOAP
message in its pure form, then you must use the Messaging API and
process the raw XML.

Anne