axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Hook to configure Secure Socket factory in Axis2 HTTPS
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:57:38 GMT
Hi All;

As far as I understood Axis2 https support is based on J2SE keystroes.

Even though it work for most of the cases, it is very useful to be
able to add ability to add custom socket factory to HTTPS instead of
providing a keystore. For an example in our case we use Globous
credentials, and there are secure socket factory that work with them.
In our case there is no keystroe present.

Commons HTTP client support adding a custom secure socket factory.
Please see "Customizing SSL in HttpClient" in
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html.

What I purpose is to add new parameter called

"customSSL" to https transport sender which sets custom SSL factory on
CommonsHTTP client and if it present it take precedence over J2SE
configuration.

If we agree, one of us will do it :)

Thanks
Srinath