axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] POJO annotation
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:19:11 GMT
Deepal,

On 2/23/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi Rajith ;
>
> > Deepal,
> >
> > Same here, nick and I suggested a way to denote wether the POJO is an
> > Axis2 endpoint ot a JAX-WS endpoint.
>
> Hmm , no I am not using any JAX-WS endpoint when you deploy a POJO . It
> will work as you deploy a java class with RPC MR.

[RA] The problems is as nick explained, when u deploy a JSR 181 annotated
POJO we need to know whether to expose it as a JAX-WS endpoint or an Axis2
endpoint. I also in my impl added the RPC MR, but nick pointed out that if
the same service needs to be exposed as a JAX-WS endpoint then u need to
have the JAXWS MR. Since there is no point maintaining two services(or two
endpoints) for the same "service", we decided to add an annotation to say
whether it's JAX-WS or Axis2.

If it's marked as JAX-WS then u can add the JAX-WS MR and if it's an axis2
endpoint u could add a RCP MR.

Does this make sense?

> Nick can u point to the wiki page?
> > Also we had some suggestions on axis2 specific annotations to
> > suplement the features that would have been there if the services.xml
> > is used.
>
> I also like to support Axis2 specific annotation and I really do not
> want to have services.xml when we use  POJO (thats a pain and
> unnecessary cost).

+1 on this. I can help you here.

Thanks,
Rajith