axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Pinging capability to services deployed in Axs2
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:16:11 GMT
> > easy enough to do this as an interface, though. So the message receiver
> > could check if the service class implements the pingable interface, and
> > if so it calls the method defined by that interface. Otherwise, it just
> > checks that it can create an instance of the service class.

Seems like we are agreeing on having service classes implement the
pingable interface.But  in order to do that  we need to add a  (ping)
method to the message receiver interface, since message receiver needs
to have some method to check the service class (if the message
receiver has a associated service class)..

I'm +1 for having both of the above..

~Thilina

> > That seems like a reasonable approach - no impact on users who just use
> > the default behavior, but easy for anyone who wants to support the added
> > value to do so. Does anyone object to implementing it this way?
>
> +1 from me. This will be really useful - we can improve the failover
> that we do in Synapse to use this.
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Fremantle