axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <barre...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] POJO annotation
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:57:10 GMT
All,  I'm adding the factory method described below and doing a little
refactoring of the Factory class; should be done soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

"Davanum Srinivas" <davanum@gmail.com>
02/22/2007 05:33 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Axis2] POJO annotation

Sounds good Jeff :)

> For a simple environment, though, adding a method that takes a single
> class and returns a single ServiceDescription is a good idea.

Thanks,
dims

On 2/22/07, Jeff Barrett <barrettj@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Dims,
>
> Simple answer: Yes, that looks about right.
>
> Slightly Longer answer: Maybe there should be an additonal factory
method
> that takes just a single service impl class and does the DBC conversion
> and returns a single ServiceDescription for the simple case.  As you
point
> out, that would be very useful in testing and in simple environments.
>
> Even Slightly Longer answer: Yeah, that is a bit more code, isn't it?
:-)
> The DBC is there so that, in a server environment:
> - We do not require all the classes be loaded at startup time and some
> other high-performance byte scanning technology could be used to load
the
> annotations and create the DBCs.
> - We can process multiple service implementations at one time, for
example
> an archive file that contained a bunch of web services could all be
> processed from a single DBC hashmap.
> For a simple environment, though, adding a method that takes a single
> class and returns a single ServiceDescription is a good idea.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
> Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
> Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com
>

> "Davanum Srinivas" <davanum@gmail.com>
> 02/22/2007 03:21 PM
> Please respond to
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org

> axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: [Axis2] POJO annotation
>

> Jeff,
>
> So instead of calling
>
> ServiceDescription sd =
> DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescriptionFromServiceImpl(myClazz,
> myAxisService)
> configCtx.getAxisConfiguration().addService(myAxisService);
>
> We should do the following?
> JavaClassToDBCConverter converter = new
JavaClassToDBCConverter(myClazz);
> HashMap<String, DescriptionBuilderComposite> dbcMap =
> converter.produceDBC();
> List<ServiceDescription> serviceDescList =
> DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescriptionFromDBCMap(dbcMap);
> EndpointDescription[] edArray =
> serviceDescList.get(0).getEndpointDescriptions();
> AxisService service = ed[0].getAxisService():
> configCtx.getAxisConfiguration().addService(myAxisService);
>
> In other words, how do we get a fully configured AxisService from a
> given class? :)
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 2/22/07, Jeff Barrett <barrettj@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi Deepal,
> >
> > You may not have seen it yet, but I replied yesterday to your note on
> not
> > getting the AxisOperations when you used the metadata layer.  I
believe
> > that had to do with which DescriptionFactory method you were using.
I'm
> > just about to commit updates to the javadoc in that class and tagging
> the
> > method you were using as deprecated.  Sorry the javadoc wasn't better
in
> > there to begin with!
> >
> > The metadata module will build up the full AxisService description
> > hierachy given just annotations (no WSDL), or annotations and WSDL.
> > Currently the metadata layer does NOT generate the correct schema if
> > there's no WSDL; that is something it should probably do.
> >
> > Other than that, if the POJODeployer were to create a
> > DescriptionBuilderComposite (using the JavaReflection to DBC converter
> in
> > the metadata package, at least for now), it should be able to use the
> > metadata layer for both the WSDL-provided and
> no-WSDL-provided/annotations
> > only case.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
> >
> > IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
> > Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
> > Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com
> >

> > Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk>
> > 02/22/2007 02:11 AM
> > Please respond to
> > axis-dev@ws.apache.org

> > "axis-dev@ws.apache.org" <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > [Axis2] POJO annotation
> >

> > Hi all;
> >
> > As I mentioned before last few days I was working on POJO annotation
> > support and there I was thinking to use matadata and jaxws module to
> > have this feature. When I start implementing annotation support I
found
> > that the created AxisService from metadata module does not have any
> > operation in it (though I have annotated the service impl class
> > correctly).
> >
> > In the meantime I had a big issue in Java2WSDL support when annotation
> > present in the POJO , the only option was to re-write or duplicate
> > ScheamGenerator logic. And I realized that going to be a big code
change
> > so what I did was,  use JAM (annogen) to have annotation support in
> > SchemaGenerator.
> >
> > With the above I have implemented pojo annotation support in axis2. So
> > have written a Deployer called POJODeployer and you can deploy POJO as
> > .class file and it will make that to an AxisService and will generate
> > correct schema (so you will see the correct wsdl at the runtime).
> >
> > If the WebService has wsdllocation annotation then it will call
metadata
> > module to create AxisService (this path has few TODO items)
> >
> > please comment on my implementation , and I will commit the code you
can
> > go though that and find out if I have done something wrong.
> >
> > P.S:- Implementation is not completed yet need few more items to
> [...]
Developers