axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chamikara Jayalath" <chamikar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Adding ClusterManager code the the codebase
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:46:44 GMT
Hi All,

As we discussed and agreed sometime back we will be adding an abstraction
layer to Axis2 to make it possible to transparently plug-in different
clustering implementations. Our abstraction was named 'ClusterManager' and
the interface that was proposed is given in [1] (with some slight
modifications).

I am hoping to go a step forward my adding this interface to the Axis2 code
base. At initiation Axis2 will load a ClusterManager implementation object
(if configured) and will call the methods of it whenever respective events
occur.

Chamikara

[1] ClusterManager interface

public abstract class ClusterManager {

    public abstract void init (ConfigurationContext context);
    public abstract void addContext (AbstractContext context);
    public abstract void removeContext (AbstractContext context);
    public abstract void addProperty (AbstractContext context, String
propertyName, Object  propertyValue);
    public abstract void removeProperty (AbstractContext context, String
propertyName);
    public abstract void touchProperty (AbstractContext context, String
propertyName);
    public abstract void commit ();

}