axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Is action needed on response?
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:06:46 GMT
Hi dims, I sort of agree but there's a reason for how it is now..

If WS-A is understood on a request message, the response message must
also have WS-A headers. The WS-A Action is not optional for any
message so we have 2 options:
1. Fault when no response action is available.
2. Put in a sensible (though wrong) default action on the response message

A while back I advoctaed 1 but was rebuffed, so we have 2. I'm
guessing (hoping) that keith is using a service with WSDL2 (or no
WSDL) which would explain why there's no response action available.

David