axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Pinging capability to services deployed in Axs2
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:30:00 GMT
Dennis
> Only if the user actually implements the ping-handling code themselves,
> and checks the various conditions that can go wrong in the operation of
> the service code. Was that the intention, that this be exposed to the
> user to implement? I don't know see offhand how this would work, given
> that somewhere around 95% of Axis2 services are using generated code.
> Just having it go to a MessageReceiver default implementation seems to
> add zero value beyond what you get by querying the admin service.

There is a simple value that can be had from going to the MR - the MR
can try to instantiate the Java object. This at least tests a few of
the major classpath issues that you might get from a service deployer.

Ideally we could also generate a ping() method on skeletons that would
encourage users to write a more thorough test. We could use reflection
to invoke it if it exists.

Paul

>   - Dennis

Paul Fremantle